Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Salam Maal Hijrah 1437

Assalamualaikum,

Few hours ago, we just started our new year which is in Islamic means in Malaysia. Alhamdulillah, for still being able to inhale and exhale on this awal Muharram.

One unique thing about Islamic calendar is that it did not commence with something less significant. With divine guidance, it started with the sacrifice of the early Muslims and the triumph of truth over evil. That is hijrah.

I still remember the days where I attended religious school, the part where I learned the Sirah which stands for History of Prophet. Hijrah was a journey between Makkah and Madinah, about 300 miles apart; a migration that changed the situation of the early Muslims for better. It is marked the beginning of an era, a civilization, a culture and a turning point for Muslims in history.

Basically, Hijrah as a principle that is integral to Islam, should not be relegated to a mere date; its celebration should be loud and be seen to impact positively in the lives of Muslims. Essentially, the celebration should remind us about the meaning and significance and make us to be focused on the need for absolute compliance.



The meaning of the word hijrah is often translated as “flight or migration”. It is also used to mean leaving an environment for a better environment, even though it may involve some difficulties. In this context, Allah says: “And lot believed him. [Abraham] said, “indeed, I will emigrate to [the service of] my lord.

Apart from the pomp and festivity of celebrating either the new Hijri year or the Ashurah day, even if we have to argue that there was no foundation  or evidence for its celebration, it is a time for reflection, a time for sacrifice and a time and opportunity to change from bad deeds and move to acts that will earn the pleasure of Allah.

Well, let's just pray for the best this year would be much more better than the last Hijri. Since I've returned to Kuala Lumpur, I managed to gain back my sort of positive vibes and motivation. I was at the deepest and at the lowest point during my first semester, and I had less motivation during that moment. But now, I am all ready for the next semester. This year taught me to become more matured in order to solve complex problems and stuffs and alhamdulillah I managed to face it!

Remember the last post where I exaggerated that I screwed up my exam? Alhamdulillah, HEP just announced that our results were good and wow 4.0 are everywhere! (and he was indeed happy too according to what the students said). Alhamdulillah, only Allah knows how happy I was the moment I received the news. So, I'm looking forward to much more challenging Semester 2, Insya Allah.

{Indeed with the difficulty there is an ease. Indeed with the difficulty there is an ease.} (Ash-Sharh 94:5-6)  

No comments: